My boyfriend never fails to find ways to surprise me. Even after almost four years of being together, he could still pull off gestures that would make my heart melt. :) It was Valentine’s day yesterday, and instead of giving me a bunch of flowers and chocolates, Ice gave me these cupcakes that he baked himself! I actually didn’t expect to get anything from him because we had a little fight the night before, but he still came over and gave me these yummy red velvet cupcakes, which are, by the way, my favorite! We spent the rest of the day pigging out and watching our favorite TV shows. It couldn’t be any more perfect.
Where my ladies at tonight? All on dates because it’s Valentines.
I fall under the singles category along with my friend Belle (hi panda u r beautiful and I love you) in our group of friends so I was pretty bummed she didn’t make it because I was stuck with a couple of crazy, in-a-relationship (let’s put it that way, you’re welcome Anj) girls for a pre-Valentines celebration at URBN.
Warning: You might want to skip the next few photos… We got a bit carried away.
And some outfit photos of course… Wency wasn’t there and now I am sad because she doesn’t have a photo like us.
I’m not much of a club person but this place was pretty neat. The music was one of the things I really liked about it — and the fact that it was open bar for the ladies from 10-12 on Wednesdays. Hashtag yay free stuff and dancing all day errday.
I didn’t get to take photos of the rest of the night aka drunk people with British accents, Burger Avenue and the tunnel song ride home in Carbo’s Kia Picantot.
I had fun with Nicole, Diane, Maan, Anj and Wency!
Glad to have spent Valentines with you guys.
1. I like making lists. Sometimes when I’m bored, I make lists of the randomest of stuff like restaurants, celebrities and whatnot.
2. I own this old shoebox that I call “the sentimental box”. I put stuff inside that I think are worth remembering about like receipts, movie tickets, letters and the like. Maybe I’ll show it to you guys soon when I find the time.
3. My grandmother still doesn’t know how to spell my name properly. Whenever we chat or text, she always calls me “Nichol”. Haha!
4. Speaking of my grandma, she taught me this poem when I was little that she’s still making me recite until now. It goes like this: Ako si Nicole, ang ilong ko ay pango, pero matalino, kamukha ni grandma! (I am Nicole, I am snub-nosed, but I am smart, and I look like my grandma) It’s pretty embarassing but I grew accustomed to it over the years.
5. Every now and then, she still calls me pango (and I kind of hate it, cause I don’t think my nose is that snubbed anymore, lol). She also gave silly names to my sisters. She calls Negene, “shorty” because, well, she’s short. And she calls Nadine, “my happiness”. My happiness is a shortcut though! It’s really supposed to be “my everlasting love and happiness”. Hahaha!
..or day, really. Issa and I decided to check out the culminating activity of our school’s university week last Friday. We didn’t get to do much though. We just roamed around, ate a little, and spent the rest of the day in the new library where we got to sit on those cute little bean bags. But I got to take some pictures, all of which were taken using my iPhone, and edited with an app called Afterglow, just in case anyone of you might ask :-)
It was quite surprising to see the SJ walk half empty. It used to be filled with students lining up for our famous Haunted Hall (which I promised myself that I’d try next week!)
I don’t know what game this is called but seeing people fight using those giant earbuds (lol) is hilarious!
The Caterpillar ride! We didn’t attempt to ride cause there were so many people in line.
This is probably the smallest ferris wheel I’ve ever seen. It looks cute though!
Our school looked like a mini fair that day!
This is where the stage was located. Unfortunately, we didn’t get to watch the band we were so excited to see, Up Dharma Down! :( Issa and I had to go home early.
This was taken from the 8th floor of the Henry Sy Building
And here’s Issa and I sitting on the bean bags, playing Candy Crush and making kwento all day :p
I had a project in Advanced Photography class wherein we had to take portrait shots of a single person and present it to class. Being the crammer that I am, I did my homework a day before it was due. I had no time to scout for models so I asked my sister, Negene, to do it for me instead.
I couldn’t think of a theme for this project, so I chose the most gasgas one - A Day in the Life of Negene
This is the full-body shot, my least favorite in the set mainly because it has awful lighting. I had to shoot fast cause my camera was running out of battery and the whole village was out of power (great timing, right?). My professor liked this photo cause of the tree behind her, though! He said she looked like she’s wearing a big crown.
Fun fact: That longboard she’s standing on isn’t hers. She was supposed to use her own skateboard, but one of our neighbors approached us and asked my sister if she wanted to try his longboard. Apparently, the man owned a skateshop somewhere in Makati. He gave us his card and even told us that he’d give us discounts if we want something in his shop! Ha! The perks of being neighbors with businessmen :p
This is supposed to be the half-body shot - supposed to, being the operative word. I don’t think I did it properly, lol. Here, I just made my sister sit in one of the benches around our area! I like this photo cause she looks pretty in it!
This one’s the close-up shot. It’s actually my favorite cause I liked how the colors turned out! I had to force her to swim in the clubhouse but she gladly agreed to do so, anyway! :)
So what did you think of the pictures? :) I really need someone’s opinion cause I want to do good in this class!