So I had quite an eventful Saturday! I asked Ice to accompany me to UP to do a short photowalk for one of my classes. We were supposed to leave right after eating lunch, but the sun seemed to be glaring at us and I didn’t really want to shoot under the scorching heat so we chilled at my place for a bit. When a few friendly clouds started to pop up, we decided to go.
Of course there was the usual traffic, but that didn’t bother us as we had this lovely album to sing along to. Hee!
And being the ultimate fan girl that I am, I didn’t pass up an opportunity of snagging a photo of their enormous billboard along C5 road. (Sorry, Niall, for accidentally cutting you off. You know I love you!)
Upon reaching UP, we actually didn’t know where to go! We eventually found a big field where a lot of people are hanging around and parked the car right by it.
A bunch of kids asked me to take a picture of them, which I gladly did! Haha, cuties!
Look at this cute kid playing with a ball all by himself. I wanted to play with him but I’m afraid I might scare him away!
Some skater boys..
And surprisingly, a skater dog! How adorable!
After walking around for a bit, we finally got around to visiting The Oblation, which was one of the main reasons why I opted to shoot at UP in the first place. To my pleasant surprise, my photography professor actually liked my shots! I’m kilig!
Ice and I capped off the day with Mang Larry’s famous isaw, cups of our favorite milk tea and Celeste & Jesse Forever (which is a must-watch, by the way).
DIY: iPhone Cases
I’m not kidding when I say that I’m addicted to iPhone cases, because I really am! I’m so addicted to them that it’s becoming a bit of a problem. See, I get over my iPhone cases around a week after I get them. I always end up buying new ones and sometimes it gets to a point that I change cases every single day!
But now I’ve found a perfect solution to end my iPhone case hysteria - DIY cases! I was blog hopping a couple of days ago when I came around this site that offered free iPhone templates. I literally let out a little squeal when I saw them because they are really pretty!
I then ended up ordering clear cases online and printed the templates in high quality paper, and voila, I now have a rad set of cases! The design possibilities are endless; you can pretty much pick out any design you want! You can even draw on a plain template or put all sorts of washi tapes on it - it’s your call!
I only have 5 designs printed out just to give it a try, and I would definitely print out heaps more in the near future. I’m actually selling customized cases (1 clear case + 5 designs - you can pick out any design you want) for only 400 pesos! It’s available for both iPhone 4/4s and iPhone 5 users. If you want to order, just send me a message on my Tumblr ask (not anonymously, of course!) or on ALBOE Shop’s page.
Happy Monday, everyone!
As usual, I spent an embarassing amount of time browsing my favorite online stores and filling up an imaginary cart that I know I would never even check out! Most of these stuff aren’t locally available, and I have to wait til I go to the States before I get to purchase them. I would love to get a hold of them now, but I am not a fan of the crazy expensive shipping charges!
Anyway, I found a ton more stuff that I want, but I narrowed it down to 7 so it wouldn’t be annoying.
- Maybelline The Rocket Mascara (x) - My favorite beauty gurus have been raving about this one, and I would love to try it!
- Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation (x) - This foundation is supposedly a total dupe for the Urban Decay Naked foundation. And since I’m a fan of both Urban Decay and Revlon, I’m dying to get my hands on it!
- Revlon Nearly Naked Pressed Powder (x) - To match the foundation, lol!
- L’Oreal Colour Riche Caresse Stick (x) - Also called as caresse sticks, they are a supposed dupe for YSL lipsticks. I’ve already listed the shades that I want: Rose Tafetta and Sunset Angora, among others.
- Pacsun Kendall & Kylie Sleeveless Open Back Shirt (x) - If anyone of you don’t know, Kendall & Kylie Jenner just released their own collection for PacSun. I’ve picked out my top two favorites and this was one of them! I absolutely love the crochet panel and the cut at the back.
- Pacsun Kendall & Kylie House Dress (x) - Here’s my other favorite. I’m not a fan of the collar tipped with gold hardware, but I’m crazy over the overall cut of the dress.
- Forever 21 Icee Muscle Tee (x) - I don’t own a lot of muscle shirts, so I chose this one. I love that it’s ombre and has “Icee” written on it (HA!)
- Nasty Gal Odette Romper (x) - I’m slowly becoming a fan of rompers! I love the fact that I can wear them just as they are or tuck them inside my jeans when I feel like it. This particular romper caught my eye cause it’s an instant classic. It’s so chic with its knotted shoulders and its gold buttons.
What are the stuff in your wishlist right now? Have you tried any of the stuff I listed above?
February 25, 2013
BEAUTY TAG: This or That
Thanks for tagging me, Nina! It’s been a while since I engaged in a blog tag so let’s do this, shall we?
- BLUSH OR BRONZER - This one’s a no-brainer - blush, of course! Blushes are my favorite beauty items next to lipsticks. And I was never a fan of bronzers anyway, I never figured out how to apply them properly.
- LIPGLOSS OR LIPSTICK - Lipstick! I don’t like the feel of lipglosses. I think they’re too sticky for my liking.
- LIP BUTTER OR LIP BALM - As much as I love my lip butters, I would have to side on lip balms. Nothing is more moisturizing than a good old lip balm.
- MATTE OR SPARKLE EYESHADOW - I have never tried matte eyeshadow, so I’ll settle for sparkle.
- FOUNDATION OR CONCEALER - Foundation. I’ve tried plenty of concealers in the past, but none of them worked for me. I have yet to find the concealer that would suit me perfectly.
- EYELINER OR MASCARA - Both! Eyeliners make my eyes bigger than they actually are + who doesn’t like perfectly groomed eyelashes?
- LOOSE POWDER OR PRESSED POWDER - Pressed powder. I was never a fan of loose powder to begin with because they tend to get really messy. Pressed powders are obviously the better option.
- BRUSHES, SPONGES, OR FINGERS - I use brushes for my blushes and powders and sponges for my foundation. I occasionally use my fingers too, but that’s only when I use liquid foundation.
- WATERPROOF OR NON-WATERPROOF - Definitely waterproof. Non-waterproof products give me the panda eyes.
- ITEM/S YOU CAN’T LIVE WITHOUT - Foundation & blush
I’m tagging Issa, Nikki, Belle, Christine and Ina :-)
February 20, 2013
Since Ice and I didn’t go out on Valentine’s day, the both of us decided to go on a date last Saturday :-) Basically, out dates usually just consist of food, movies and more food. If you want to know what our typical date is like, read on!
The usual Saturday night traffic. We didn’t want to get bored out of our wits so we took a few pictures of our silly selves.
Well, okay.. Maybe there were a lot of pictures.
Anyway, we had dinner in Early Bird Breakfast Club located at The Fort Strip. And can I just say, I found my new happy place! The restaurant was too cute for my life! Plus, they serve breakfast food all day (hence the name). Who would actually say no to that?
I am not a morning person, all my friends and family can attest to that. But even so, breakfast meals are my absolute favorite so this place was more than perfect.
Here’s my pogi date for the night <3
The place had amazing interiors which sold me right away! Everything just screams “good morning, sunshine” right at you.
I had their Tenderloin Tapa aka the sosyal version of tapsilog. I am such a fan of tapa that I knew I had to try this one. Fortunately, this fine looking meal did not disappoint! It had the right amount of sweetness in it, just as I like it.
Ice tried out their Viva Longganisa which he loved. I didn’t like it much because it was a bit spicy, but that’s just me.
Even their Early Bird Signature Iced Tea tasted great! It was a perfectly concocted lemon iced tea with a hint of mint into it.
Ice and I headed straight to Eastwood after dinner, strolled around the mall and lined up for almost an hour in J. Co just to get our hands on their donuts (which I failed to get a picture of, since we indulged on them right away). We ended the night by watching Warm Bodies. It was actually a cute movie, but maybe that’s just because of Nicholas Hoult :p
February 18, 2013